Monday, January 11, 2016

Sarah Van Rees, Director of RidgeKids

Sarah has been around The Ridge since the beginning, but you may not know her. Get to know her a little better...

I’ve been married 19 years to my husband, Mike.  He makes me laugh a lot!
We have three kids; Caleb – 16, Olivia – 14, Lilly – 11…and we like them :)
 
Back when I was “young” I was an elementary teacher :) … then a stay at home mom.
In our house, the Introverts are the majority—although somehow…they’re still loud?!?! 
 
My favorite quote comes from the book The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey “Often a work of God comes with great joy and great pain.”  I’ve have come to embrace both…have you?
 
The fun, energy, and enthusiasm coming from the Square on a Sunday morning is AWESOME!
 
Favorite Bible Verse…It changes each year. This year Psalm 27:14 resonates with me:  “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord”
God is God, and I am not!!

I enjoy time spent in my kitchen.

Deep, real, life-giving relationships take time and intentionality…but it’s worth it!!!

I know, I know…I use too many exclamation points when I write…I can’t help it!?!?!

I’ve found that when you follow God with your whole heart and soul and mind, you begin an amazing ADVENTURE!!!! 

Seeing the Bible come alive for our RidgeKids and watching them grow in a relationship with Jesus is powerful!  He LOVES the littles, too!!! 

No comments: