Monday, June 13, 2016

Meet the Ridge Staff: Suzanne Schuknecht; Director of Data & Communication

1.      What is your job at The Ridge? Director of Data & Communication (website, social media, database, etc)

2.    Favorite thing about your job? Making the other staff members’ jobs easier

3.    Least favorite thing about your job? Scheduling all the volunteers in the fall.

4.    Tell us about your relationship with God. I was blessed to grow up in a home that taught us about God’s love from an early age, so I don’t remember a time that God wasn’t important to me. Though as I grew up and experienced “real-life”, my dependence and reliance on God became integral to who I am. 

5.    What brought you to The Ridge? When we moved to Ankeny, the couple who did our pre-martial counseling in Waverly knew of people (Schardts & Pines) that attended a start-up church here. Our first Sunday was an Encounter Sunday (God-Watch), we never left. Though I would never have imagined what an impact The Ridge would have on our lives – our jobs, preschool for our boys, and our community.

6.     Favorite Ridge memory. Serving Sunday; Staff practical jokes

7.    Tell us about your family. My husband, Dan (business manager) and I were married in 2003. Jonathan joined our family in 2009 and Jeremiah in 2011.

8.    Favorite Bible Verse Psalm 16

9.           Favorite Quote God is God. I am not.

10. What is your favorite memory? Dan proposing on top of the Eiffel Tower

Would you rather…
1. Read on a Kindle or paperback book? book
2. Go to a play or musical? musical
3. Go to the theater or a movie? theater
4. Enjoy a houseboat or speed boat? speedboat
5. Watch TV or read a book? book
6. Go canoeing or waterskiing? waterskiing
7. Camp in an RV or stay in a tent? RV
8.Swim in a pool or the ocean? pool

9. Get up early or stay up late? Stay up late

No comments: