Monday, August 15, 2016

Meet The Ridge Staff: Deb Longseth; RidgeCare Coordinator

1.      What is your job at The Ridge?    Oversee Care Ministry

2.    Favorite thing about your job?   Meeting new people and getting them plugged in where there they are able to serve

3.    Tell us about your relationship with God.  Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.

4.     What are you studying now?   Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen

5.    What brought you to The Ridge?  I started from the church plant from Meredith Drive Reformed Church

6.     Favorite Ridge memory.  Very early on when we starting the church we had worship team practice at the small office on 1st Street.  Practice was running late, someone opened the door and yelled REPENT, REPENT at the top of their lungs. 

7.    Favorite Bible Verse Psalms 121 it has become my life verse

8.           Favorite Quote  Maya Angelo-- I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

9.  Favorite Spot to connect with God  My ultimate spot is the beach but since we don't have beaches in Iowa most of the time it is when I am getting ready for work. 

10. Favorite spot in your house. My Office, I do best thinking there.

11.     If money was no object, what would you do all day? I would teach under privileged kids how to swim at my own pool in my backyard.

12. What is your favorite memory?  Winning $500 on a scratch Lottery ticket a long time ago

13.Who is your favorite author? Anything by John Maxwell, Beth Moore and Francis Chan

14.  What is your favorite book? So  Long Insecurity by Beth Moore

15.      What was your favorite activity in gym class? Tinikling, Bad-mitten

16.What does your perfect day look like?  About 75 degrees, sun shining and walking on a beach somewhere

17.  How would your friends describe you? Caring and heart full of love to give someone

Would you rather…
1.      Read on a Kindle or paperback book? Paperback
2.    Go to a play or musical? Musical
3.     Visit Europe or Mexico?  EuropeE urope
4.    Travel by plane, train, or automobile?  Travel by automobile is the best!  But if I am in a hurry than an airplane.
5.    Enjoy a houseboat or speed boat? Houseboat
6.   Go climbing or zip lining? Neither, I don't like high places.
7.  Have a night out or evening in? My first choice would be a night in, but I do like to have a night out.
8.  Watch TV or read a book? Watch TV
9. Camp in an RV or stay in a tent?  Hotel please!
10. Use Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
11. Swim in a pool or the ocean? Both, I love water!
12. Travel by sailboat or cruise ship?  Not sure
13.Watch sports or play sports? Watch golf and football
14.Play dodgeball or kickball? Dodgeball 
15. Get up early or stay up late? Stay.Up.Late.

No comments: