Thursday, May 5, 2016

Meet the Ridge Staff: Kara Backes; Finance Manager

1.    What is your job at The Ridge?  Finance Manager
2.    Favorite thing about your job?  I love working with numbers and our volunteers!  They are awesome!
3.    Tell us about your relationship with God.  I am passionately in love with my Father.  In the midst of the hard He is more present, tangible and loving than I could ever imagine.  I crave quiet, sweet time with Him. I am so so very grateful for His presence in the good and the bad.  He is moving, I just want to follow in obedience and awe of Him.
4.    What brought you to The Ridge? Wow – that is a long time ago.  A coworker of mine went to The Ridge as we were moving to Ankeny about 16 years ago.  We actually attended our first small group before a corporate worship service.  The rest is history – The Ridge is our home.
5.     Tell us about your family.  I have been married to BJ for about 18 years, he’s the fun/funny one in our relationship, keeps me laughing.  We have two beautiful girls.  Ellie is 15, full of life, creativity, music, kindness and so much love!  Libbie is 12, full of love for children, a quiet spirit, and absolutely hilarious when you get to know her. 
6.    If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?  Go to the lake, lay in the sun, read the bible, quiet time with God, then spend time on the lake with my family.
7.     Who is your favorite author?  Francis Chan, Jack Hayford, John Ortberg
8.     What is your favorite book?  Another hard one… Rebuilding the real you by Jack Hayford


Would you rather…

Read on a Kindle or paperback book? paperback
Go to a play or musical? musical
Enjoy a houseboat or speed boat? Both!!!!
Go climbing or zip lining? Zip lining
Have a night out or evening in? night out
Watch TV or read a book? both
Go canoeing or waterskiing? waterskiing
Camp in an RV or stay in a tent? RV
Use Facebook or Twitter? Both
Swim in a pool or the ocean? Both - Ocean

No comments: