Monday, July 11, 2016

Meet The Ridge Staff: Jeanne Hirsch; Director of Early Childhood

1.      What is your job at The Ridge?  Director of Early Childhood

2.    Favorite thing about your job?  Kids

3.    Least favorite thing about your job?  scheduling

4.    Tell us about your relationship with God.  Didn’t have one until high school/college.  Then I
started seeking.  God put lots of people and experiences in my life to begin my relationship with Him.  He continues to walk alongside me and grow me.  I work with our littlest kids because I don’t want them to do life without Him, as this is a scary world with Him!

5.     What are you studying now?  Biblical parenting

6.    What brought you to The Ridge?   My husband and I along with Meghan and yet unborn Katherine helped to start The Ridge

7.     Favorite Ridge memory.  Oh my, so many to choose from!  I would have to say hammering stakes with prayers on them in our church site before we started building.  Keeps me focused on the church being people and not just a building.

8.    Tell us about your family.  My husband, Michael and I have been married for almost 22 years.  We have two daughters, Meghan who is 20 and Katherine who is 18.  Meghan is finishing her sophomore year at UNI, majoring in biology and business administration.  Katherine is finishing her junior year in high school and checking out colleges to study some form of Psychology or Social Work.  As a family we love to take long bike rides and play card and board games.  Our favorite time of the day remains our evening meal together.

9.    Favorite Bible Verse  1Peter 5:6-7  Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

10.           Favorite Quote  Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

11.  Favorite Spot to connect with God  Outside

12.     If money was no object, what would you do all day?  Volunteer in schools

13.  What is your favorite book?  Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder

14.      What was your favorite activity in gym class? running

15.What does your perfect day look like?  Warm, sunny and very productive


Would you rather…
1.      Read on a Kindle or paperback book? A book, need to turn my pages
2.    Go to a play or musical?  Musical
3.    Go to the theater or a movie?  Neither - like watching movies at home when I watch them
4.    Hike or bike?  Tie, love both
5.   Go climbing or zip lining?  Neither not a risk taking
6.    Watch TV or read a book? read
7.   Go canoeing or waterskiing?  canoeing
8.    Camp in an RV or stay in a tent?  RV, did lots of camping as child, been there, done that, have the t-shirt….LOL
9.   Swim in a pool or the ocean?  Pool, no critters for me!
10. Travel by sailboat or cruise ship?  Cruise ship

No comments: