Monday, July 18, 2016

Meet The Ridge Staff: Ryan DeHamer; Production Tech Director

1.      What is your job at The Ridge?  Production Tech Director

2.    Favorite thing about your job?  Getting to work with such great people

3.    Least favorite thing about your job?   Being all by myself in the Production Booth throughout the week

4.    Tell us about your relationship with God.  My relationship with God has been something that I have found to be such an amazing ride in my relatively young life. I grew up in a Christian household but it wasn’t really til college that faith and my relationship with God took the driver seat. Since then I have been through interesting jobs, relationships with friends, periodic sickness and just lots of stressful situations. And at the end and during it all God has been there, even in my lack of effort to meet him halfway God has grabbed me and picked me up when I didn’t know how to continue on. Now I am in what I would consider the beginning of the best part so far and it is all because of him.

5.     What are you studying now?   I am currently studying and reading through Craig Groeschel’s book “Fight” which has so far been a great read. This book is about being able to identify the fights you need to engage in and how to prepare to defeat the demons in your life to protect and prosper your family, marriage, and spiritual walk.

6.    What brought you to The Ridge?   My wife and I had just moved to Ankeny after being married and were looking for a new church family. We were coming from a great church family and wanted a similar feeling of closeness and community. We stopped in one morning to check out The Ridge and sat in Sunday morning service, the service seemed pretty good, but what really stuck out to us was Pastor Mike saying, “here we go through all of the bible, even if it makes me uncomfortable standing up here and talking about it” This was a statement that grabbed our attention and something we really connected with. After service had ended we both agreed that it was a good message, but there was still a part of us that was saying, we need that community, that family. And God responded immediately for separate instances of people from the church body came up to not only greet us, but invest into our life and wanted to get to know us more. This was monumental, this was God answering prayers with a loud and clear

7.    Tell us about your family.  I am the youngest of 4 kids and the tallest as well. We grew up in Des Moines, IA we lived in Urbandale for all of my life, and attended Johnston School District. We attended First Assembly on Merle Hay growing up, my parents still attend this church. My oldest sister Angela is doctor currently living in Detroit, MI. My second oldest sister Christina is living with her Husband in Albuquerque, NM with their 2 year old daughter Kora, who is a miracle and an amazing story. My brother Ricky and his wife Holly are married and live in Norwalk with a 2 year old daughter, Scarlett.

8.    Favorite Bible Verse  Ephesians 6:10-18

9.           Favorite Quote  Don’t let perfection get in the way of good work

10.     If money was no object, what would you do all day?  Create meaningful and deep stories and content, also periodically travel to do so as well.

11.  What does your perfect day look like?  Wakeup early have some starbucks go shoot/create a video or photos, lunch date with Anna, finish some editing, meet new people, workout, Dinner with friends and long talk in to the night with some hot coffee and a walk.

12.     My friends would describe me as Tall, Fun, light-hearted, sometimes off the handle and ready for anything, a good listener, and just easy to hang with.

Would you rather…
1.      Read on a Kindle or paperback book? Audible (2nd choice paper)
2.    Go to a play or musical?  play
3.    Go to the theater or a movie? movie
4.    Hike or bike?  Hike
5.   Jeans or Chinos? Chinos (if I could find a pair)
6.    Mexico or Europe? Eurpoe
7.   Plane, car or automobile? Plane

No comments: