Thursday, September 22, 2016

Meet The Ridge Staff: Angela Derby; Global Cafe Leader


Tell us about yourself.

I have been married to my wonderful husband, Craig for 11 years. We have a 5 year old son, Hunter, who is in kindergarten. I was born and raised in Ankeny, so other than my collage years and a few years after that, I have lived here my whole life—it is exciting to raise my son in the same community I grew up in.








What's your role at The Ridge?
I am the leader of the Global Cafe. It is very exciting to serve our Ridge members their morning beverages on Sundays…and to know that the whole purpose of the cafe is to raise money to use for mission. It is very rewarding indeed.

What brought you to The Ridge? 
Craig and I were members of another church and were invited to attend a service at the Ridge in 2009, we absolutely loved it! I was drawn in that day by the unbelievable music by the worship team, Pastor Mike’s sermon and how welcoming all the members were. We have been attending ever since!

If you could do anything what would you do?
I would travel the world. I have been blessed to be able to travel a lot with my family - it is amazing to me to experience other cultures.

What was your favorite thing to do in PE?

I loved PE! I love all things sports related, but my favorite thing was playing basketball.

No comments: