Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Meet the Ridge Staff: Joni Pine - Director of Connection

1. What is your job at The Ridge?
Director of Connection – I oversee our Ridge Welcome Team and work closely with new families and individuals at the church to help them get plugged in to the life of the church.
2. Favorite thing about your job?
Connecting with people and seeing them connect with others. I love people!
3. Least favorite thing about your job?
Desk work…it needs to get done but I never mind an interruption which is why they put me next to Marco (our printer).
4. Tell us about your relationship with God.
He’s my best friend and who I start and end my day with. I talk to him all the time and I love it when He talks to me (when I’m listening). My spiritual pathway is worship and it is the quickest way to center me and change my day!
5. What are you studying now?
The Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5) I’m in a Beth Moore Living Beyond Yourself study with my Women’s Group and it is amazing…I love digging in the Word!
6. What brought you to The Ridge?
Personal invitation by our college friends Mindy and Graham Schardt.
7. Favorite Ridge memory.
10 Year Anniversary Cardboard Testimonies
8. Tell us about your family.
My husband Derek and I celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary in June. We are Junior High Sweethearts, however, so we’ve been a couple well over half of our lives (there are amusing photos to prove it). Derek serves our church as a drummer and designer. Miya is 12 and in 6th grade. She is amazing gifts in compassion and serves on the Sparks Team in Ridge Kids. Miya sings, plays drums and is also learning the guitar. She plays volleyball as well. Isaiah is eight and just about to begin 2nd Grade at Crocker Elementary. He is full of intensity and loves all things sports. We are blessed that both of our families live close and Derek’s parents attend the Ridge as well.
9. Favorite Bible Verse
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;  in his love he will no longer rebuke you,  but will rejoice over you with singing.


Would you rather…
1. Read on a Kindle or paperback book?
Both…I like the variety…probably paperback because I like to underline
2. Go to a play or musical?
Musical…I like to sing along
3. Go to the theater or a movie?
Theater to dress-up…Movie to get popcorn
4. Hike or bike?
Bike
5. Wear jeans or chinos?
Denim
6. Crash with friends or stay in a hotel?
Friends at a hotel with a spa
7. Visit Europe or Mexico?
Europe
8. Travel by plane, train, or automobile?
Plane
9. Enjoy a houseboat or speed boat?
Pontoon
10. Go climbing or zip lining?
Zip lining

No comments: