Thursday, May 19, 2016

Meet The Ridge Staff: Dan Schuknecht, Business Manager & Men's Ministry

1. What is your job at The Ridge?
Business Manager – oversee finance and facility, lead men’s ministry and some staff here at The Ridge.

2. Favorite thing about your job?
Connecting those with a passion for serving God with those who need God’s love. Also, seeing men grow closer to God

3. Least favorite thing about your job?
Paying for snow removal.

4. Tell us about your relationship with God.
God has been working in me in tangible ways in this last year. From completing the Journey in Spring 2015 I felt God was calling me to start a small group for men. He kept bringing the same 4-5 guys across my path and so we started meeting at the South Ankeny Hy-Vee on Friday AM’s from 6:00 – 7:00. I felt God gave a vision of filling the Market Grille Restaurant within the store and since then has grown that group from 5 guys to nearly 60, from 1 group to now 11. It’s way beyond me and is a true privilege to be a part of.

5. Favorite Ridge memory.
Boundary Waters 2015 – it was the day everything changed for me in my relationship with God, it went to a whole new level. I’m so passionate about asking guys to come because I saw God change me and other men through that trip – I’ve never seen / experienced anything like it.

6. Tell us about your family.
Wife – Suzanne, married 12 years, met in High School at Youth For Christ in Mason City.
Sons – Jonathan 6, Jeremiah 4

7.  Favorite Quote
“If God is calling you to do something then he is going to give you what it takes to get it done.” – Craig Groeschel.

8.    What was your favorite activity in gym class?
Hustleball – indoor baseball played with an oversized heavy bat, with a volleyball.

Would you rather…
Wear jeans or chinos? What are chinos?
Go canoeing or waterskiing? Waterskiing
Camp in an RV or stay in a tent? tent
Get up early or stay up late? Early, see Mark 1:35.

No comments: