Friday, June 24, 2016

Meet The Ridge Staff: Leanne Vander Streek; Director of Kids Hope USA

1.      What is your job at The Ridge? Kids Hope USA Director

2.    Favorite thing about your job? I have only been at it two weeks, but already I know that I love working with the people. The staff at the Ridge is amazing and I can't wait to meet all of the students/staff I will be working with at Terrace Elementary.

3.    Tell us about your relationship with God. My dad was a pastor so I grew up in a Christian home. I am so thankful for the desire to follow Christ that my parents instilled in me. It was important to have that foundation as I became more independent and had to make decisions on my own. I hope I can provide the same experience for my daughters. I want to them to grow up to have a personal relationship with Jesus.

4.     What are you studying now? I am realizing more and more that there is so much power in prayer! Jesus desires a relationship with us and the more we talk to him, the closer we get. Even if we don't always have the words to say, he knows our hearts. We can bring anything to Him and he will provide answers.

5.    What brought you to The Ridge? We have friends that attend the Ridge and also there are so many opportunities for kids. We are excited about that as we have two young girls.

6.    Tell us about your family.My husband, Louis, and I have two daughters, Ava (3) and Junia (2 months).

7.    Favorite Bible Verse Proverbs 3:5-6 " (5)Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your understanding. (6) In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

8.      Favorite Quote "Enjoy each moment"

9.     If money was no object, what would you do all day? I would travel around the country with my husband trying different restaurants that have been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

10.  What is your favorite book? To Kill a Mockingbird

11.      What was your favorite activity in gym class? Pickleball was fun!

12.               How would your friends describe you? Easy going and caring

Would you rather…
1.      Read on a Kindle or paperback book? book
2.    Go to a play or musical? play
3.    Go to the theater or a movie? theater or get popcorn from the theater and then watch a movie at home
4.    Hike or bike? hike
5.Camp in an RV or stay in a tent? Spend the day hiking and then stay at a  hotel :)
6. Use Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
7.Swim in a pool or the ocean? Ocean
8. Travel by sailboat or cruise ship?
9.Watch sports or play sports? Both!

http://www.kidshopeusa.org/home/


No comments: